Good morning! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ok, it’s Thanksgiving week! Can you even believe it? Before fall completely comes to an end, I want to share my favorite fall traditions/activities with you.
- Making a trip to the apple orchard- Growing up in Florida this was not a yearly tradition. Instead, we were lounging on the beach or, oh wait, lounging on the beach. I know, I know…it sounds like I am bragging. I’m not. Since moving to Chicago, I realized how much I love seasons; especially fall which means apple orchard time. We can go pick apples for baking, eat apple cider donuts and drink hot apple cider. It’s my favorite part of fall. We really like Edwards Orchard or Anderson Orchard.
- Carving pumpkins- We also made sure to pick up a pumpkin in the pumpkin patch as well. I know they have lots of carving kits these days, but I still like the old fashioned way. Like how we did it when I was little.
- Making apple pie/pumpkin pie- With all of the apples, what’s a girl to do? Make pie (and other treats) of course! I will be making both pumpkin and apple for Thanksgiving. Yum!
- Thanksgiving thanks- This is my other favorite. Reflecting and sharing all I am thankful for this year and holiday season. We go around the table on Thanksgiving and share what we are thankful for. Of course family, Dakota, and a roof over my head will top the list.
- Our first fire of the season- When it starts getting colder (which happened really early this year), I get excited for our first fire. We have a wood burning fireplace so we get that really good smell too. However, this one can be hard because Dakota is terrified. HA! She hates any crackling and won’t lay near us when we have a fire going. It’s going to be a long winter, Dakota.
- Boots, scarves, and sweater weather (light sweaters)- I love being able to start wearing all of my favorite boots and scarves. My favorite is the plaid scarf that I used in my basket in all of these pics. I linked it here.
- Decorating for fall- Getting the cute heritage pumpkins means fall decor! I love putting together a warm and cozy table scape and mantel. All the pretty things. If you want some tips, check out my fall decor post.
What is your favorite part of fall?
Soon enough it’ll be time for my favorite winter/holiday traditions. That list might be a little tid bit longer. Hehe, or should I say hoho. I hope you all have a safe and very happy Thanksgiving.