This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeijerCoffeeCreamerBundle #CollectiveBias
You guys recently heard me talking all about October, and how I can’t even believe it’s here. I don’t think I mentioned that it’s one of my very favorite months. With fall in full swing (it finally feels like it in Chicago), I have been getting the house all decked out with pumpkins, pine cones and maple leaves (OH MY); all while baking and making up new recipes. Now that the cool weather has finally hit, we decided that we need a warm and cozy fall flavored drink. So, what did I do? I made one.
First off, Trent and I love our coffee. While shopping at Meijer the other day, I picked up some Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and some Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half which is perfect for your morning cup with an extra rich and creamy taste. However, I didn’t want to just make the same ole’ coffee drink, so I decided to try a new recipe that I created myself after doing a little research on pinterest. Inspiration of all the fall flavors took over, and voila, at last, my fall brew concoction was created.
What did I come up with? Oooooooh, a subtle but yummy maple spice latte (I love it a latte). Sipping this on a chilly morning, while sitting by a fire sounds just about perfect. But quite honestly, this is something I would make year round. The maple sweetens it up a bit, and the Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half gives it a decadent taste that I could do on the daily.
Yesterday morning while enjoying our Sunday morning news, we tried it out. As a compliment, we made pumpkin spice pancakes. They are super delicious and easy to make. You can use any batter and add some pumpkin spice and/or cinnamon…whatever tickles your fancy.
I can’t wait to create more fall recipes. Nothing brings me greater joy than the warmth of fall. What do you love most about fall? What fall recipes do you love? Definitely try this new favorite of mine.
Maple Spice Latte Recipe:
Freshly brewed pot of Dunkin’ Donuts
1/4 cup of Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half
2 TBSP of maple syrup
A pinch of pumpkin spice
Cinnamon stick (optional)
Grab the Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Medium Roast Ground coffee and the Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. And pssst, here is how to save over $5 on Meijer coffee products.
I like to get all of my ingredients prepared, and off I go.
1. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to your coffee mug.
2. Add a pinch or 2 of pumpkin spice to your mug.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half into a separate glass. Try to use something that you can put a lid on after, as you will need to shake the cream. I prefer a mason jar.
4. Place the jar (lid free) in the microwave and heat for about 20-30 seconds.
5. Remove from the microwave with a towel and put the lid on the container.
6. Shake it like a polaroid picture. Hehe…shake it hard for about 10-15 seconds. You will see some foam form. That is what we want to see.
7. Pour your freshly brewed Dunkin’ Donuts coffee into your mug. Stir the maple syrup, spices, and coffee together.
8. Pour in the cream delicately. Stir.
9. Spoon out the foam and add the top layer for a perfect latte.
Voila! Enjoy your maple spice latte and a side of pancakes