With Memorial Day right around the corner, I am sharing a Memorial Day no-bake dessert that I made last year. It was super easy and a HUGE hit. This individual no-bake cheesecake is very light and a perfect addition to any summer cookout. It would also be especially cute for the 4th of July or Labor Day.
To make this look patriotic, I layered strawberries and blueberries in between the homemade filling. Raspberries would also be really yummy. Having a few people over, I wanted fun containers that were party friendly, so I used Mason Jars…they are very inexpensive and always look adorable. Make these in advance and refrigerate or make them the day of. It’s really up to you.
Here is the recipe. I modified it a bit. Let me know how you like it!
Serves 6 (individual glasses/jars)
Creamy and mousse- like, this no-bake cheesecake is served in individual dishes, making it a pretty yet simple dessert.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker/vanilla cooking crumbs **I used shortbread cookies. YUM!
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted **I didn’t use the butter
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Diced fresh fruit, for topping **I used strawberries and blueberries, then layered them.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and melted butter until combined and crumbs are moistened. Divide evenly between individual serving dishes (about 2 tablespoons per serving dish). Press on the mixture with your fingers to form a crust layer. **I didn’t make a “crust”, I just used crumbles from the cookies.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, and whisk well until combined and completely smooth (if grainy, beat with an electric mixer until smooth). Add in vanilla and lemon zest. Set aside to let sugar dissolve into the cream cheese. Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Avoid overbeating. Using a spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the other half. Evenly spoon about ½ cup of filling into each serving dish. **You can add more or less depending on how you like it.
- Top with fresh fruit or any other topping you like (read above post for suggestions).
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving, or up to 2-3 days.
- To make crumbs, pulse in a food processor or blender until finely ground **OR put in a ziploc and crush with rolling pin like I did…