This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SeventhGenerationFemCare #CollectiveBias
If you don’t know that I have been going thru IVF and other treatments, then you are living under a rock. HA! But really, I have been an open book. I am trying to elevate this conversation, and share all I have/am learning. During this journey, I have had a tornado of emotions, which have lead me to question everything. I am sure if you ever have been through this or anything similar, you know exactly what I am talking about. An area I have been heavily focused on, is being a little bit better to my body and taking a harder look at self care products.
In terms of being better to your body, you mean like working out and eating better? Yes, but it means so much more than this. And side note- working out during IVF is actually a big no-no.
One of the products I have just recently transitioned to is this new product that I picked up at Target; Seventh Generation™ Comfort Applicator Tampons. I never thought about the plastic on the tampons I use, but now I absolutely do. The Seventh Generation Tampons have a BPA free applicator (made of 95% plant-based plastic) and all the tampons themselves are free and clear. What does this actually mean? Basically, they are hypoallergenic and made for sensitive skin with no added fragrances, natural or artificial.
Ok, now I am going to get a little graphic, but going through infertility treatments means you never know when you are going to….spot (said in a whisper). And some of the medicines you use you absolutely need panty protection. This is not for the faint of heart. That’s for sure. With that, comes cramping, bloating and all the crap us girls go through x 10!
A few things I make sure I always have nearby include:
- Pain relievers- typically acetaminophen because it is safe during pregnancy.
- Heating pad- for after the procedures. Sometimes the procedures cause cramps. Sometimes it’s just nice for the bloat.
- Ice Packs- for my booty shots and headaches.
- Pads- I use the Seventh Generation: Free & Clear fragrance-free Ultra-Thin Pads with Wings (not whitened with bleach- a huge plus).
- Pantiliners- Free & Clear Pantiliners. Again, a Seventh Generation product. Seriously my go to these days.
- A journal- I use this for my emotional outlet and to track things. It’s amazing what a schedule looks like during a cycle. It’s also helpful to write down symptoms and side effects to be able to track for next time it need be.
Seventh Generation as a brand has been creating safe and effective products for over 25 years. They are my go to for anything from feminine products to cleaning supplies.
Want to provide the protection you need without exposing your most precious parts? Awkward, I know. Grab these from Target and make sure to check out Cartwheel for savings. Bonus!