Hi everyone! Something I am all about is goal setting. My firm belief is that a dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline. I also think that there should be many little short term goals to help get us to our larger goal. That being said, I am going to share my September Goals.
- Start using Pinterest properly for blogging. I have been really trying to focus on one thins at a time when it comes to all of the social platforms we use as bloggers. Pinterest has been seriously neglected! I told myself that once I hit 1K followers on insta (YAY, I did it), I would make Pinterest a major priority. If any of my fellow bloggers out there have any words of wisdom, I am all ears.
- Create a fool proof content calendar. Staying ahead of content is really hard. Especially when this is my part time gig. I am getting even more organized and trying to be a week ahead on all of my content (not there yet, hence the goal). I am using a calendar that also maps out my photos needed for the next week to 2 weeks.
- Implement a newsletter. I just signed up for Mailchimp and I am going to start sending a monthly newsletter. This will include a recap and what’s to come.
- Beautycounter and wellness. A lot of you know that I have joined Beautycounter’s mission for safer skincare. I am so passionate about this line and would love to introduce 3 new people to the products this month. I also plan to have a “spa night” with my girlfriends so they can try all of my favorites. This will be incorporated into my new wellness category. I love to eat healthy and workout. I can’t wait to share more healthy recipes and motivational exercise programs.
- Lose 10 pounds. This directly goes back to the wellness piece in the blog, but is very personal for me, too. Going thru IVF has limited my workouts and how active I can be. Believe it or not, you are not allowed to do any working out for the majority of the treatment. I have recently started working out again and cannot wait to get back into a good routine (until more IVF).
- Read 3 books. I have noticed that I am on my phone way too much before bed, which is so unhealthy. I am going to start reading before bed instead of reading crap on my phone. Any book suggestions? A good “must read”?
- Sell summer clothes. I plan to sell a lot of my summer clothes. ThredUP and Poshmark are my 2 go-to’s for selling used clothes, shoes and jewelry. I will absolutely donate some of my items as well.
- Meditation/self reflection. Have y’all heard of the app Headspace? I just got it and plan to make a real effort of taking 10 minutes everyday to get my mind in the best headspace (no pun intended) possible.
- Stress less about having a baby. This one will be the hardest! A lot of you have been following along on the IVF journey. We have by no means given up, but I need a break. All of the hormones, the toll it takes on my body, my emotions, my marriage (he’s been great though) well, it’s all overwhelming. This will only be for a month or two, and then we will jump back in. I just need a breather.
- Drink more water. Period.
Alright, now the accountability part, a goal in itself. LOL! Come October, I will recap where I am with my September goals and share my new goals for the month. I look forward to your support. Let’s do this!